Skip to content
- Recreational cannabis became legal everywhere in Canada on Wednesday but the major tenants of the Scotiabank Saddledome were not affected.
- The National Hockey League and NHL Players’ Association has a joint drug-testing policy in place which sees regular testing among players.
- That being said, in light of Canada’s legalization of cannabis, the NHL has indicated their policies would not be changing.
- The other aspect is the fact cannabis is now legal in places where 13 NHL teams play and a topic of discussion for all 31 teams.
- Treliving said there is a common-sense approach to the subject.