Skip to content
- The approval of epidiolex by the FDA for GW Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: GWPH ) was a crucial moment in the history of the development of cannabinoid drugs.
- They need to secure financing for the long drawn-out process of drug development and approval at a time when they have little or no income from selling products.
- Its share price has risen since this despite the general fall in the market.
- The company and the university in partnership are, in fact, the only body allowed under Federal law to grow cannabis for research purposes.
- Its latest results in Phase 2 testing in July this year for Dravet syndrome were promising.
- Big Pharma, though, is undergoing a trend of buying up small development companies rather than developing new drugs in-house.