Skip to content
- Horticulturalist and researcher Dr Machel Emanuel examines marijuana plants in the greenhouse at the University of the West Indies, Mona campus.
- Then three months ago her search for an alternative medicine led her to CBD oil, an extract from the ganja plant.
- Medical marijuana refers to the use of the cannabis plant to relieve symptoms or treat ailments.
- While there are no globally accepted guidelines yet for using marijuana as medicine, Israel is the industry’s ‘Promised Land’ as it has long pioneered medical marijuana research and innovation.
- All this has been possible due to Israel’s well-coordinated ecosystem of cannabis researchers, farmers, entrepreneurs, pharmaceutical industry and government policies.